The Blossom Shop was founded in 1959
It was then sold to a family from Chicago named Dvorak.
When the Gilmore family emigrated from Ireland to New York City in the early 1800’s, work was hard to come by. To make ends meet, they sold flowers on the streets.
The family moved to McAllen, Texas where AC Gilmore, Sr. (then Jr.) was born. The family continued it’s love of the flower business.
Moving again in 1950 to Corpus Christi, AC married Clydell in 1959. In 1960, they purchased The Blossom Shop Florist from the Dvorak’s with the plan that it would eventually become the inheritance of their future offspring. AC Jr. was born and grew to join AC Sr., learning the passion for the business and to bring it to where it is today.
The Blososm Shop Florist is now in our new location at 5417 South Staples, and would love for you to stop by and check out our new space.
The Gilmores have always enjoyed the thoughtfulness and kindness of people. The feeling of having helped others in good times or in times of need has been important in the philosophy of their family business.